The combination of haloumi and asparagus works well on the barbecue, but when asparagus is not in season, try long stem broccoli, which grills beautifully.
- 200g Mainland Haloumi Cheese
- 300g asparagus, trimmed
- 30g sesame seeds, toasted
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons raw sugar
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons Japanese soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Put the sesame, vinegar, sugar, lemon, soy sauce and sesame oil in a blender/ grinder/ nutri-bullet and blend to a sauce. Set aside.
- Heat a non-stick grill to hot.
- Cut the haloumi into 8 slices.
- Brush the haloumi and asparagus with the olive oil and grill for about 3-4 minutes each side until grilled and asparagus is tender.
- Serve with the sesame dressing.