This rich and decadent dish will surely impress your guests. Honey and fruit bring out the best in our Mainland Special Reserve Double Cream Brie. A bulging, warm wheel of cheese studded with nuts and dried berries make this the perfect dish for plunging hearty oat crackers into.
- 1 wheel of Mainland Special Reserve Double Cream Brie
- ½ cup mixed dried fruits
- ¼ cup mixed nuts (almonds, pecans and hazelnuts are ideal here)
- ½ cup clear honey
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1 star anise
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a shallow tray with baking paper.
- Simmer together honey, thyme, star anise and cinnamon stick for about 5 minutes or until syrupy.
- Place Brie on the tray and top with an arrangement of dried fruit and nuts. Pour half the honey toffee over the brie and bake for 3-4 minutes or until soft and bulging.
- Place on a serving plate and drizzle with remaining hot syrup. Serve with crackers and seasonal fruits.