An enormous pot of this soup is a welcoming sight in the middle of Winter. With simple ingredients, our Blue Vein Cheese really elevates the soup from everyday to the spectacular. Top with crispy croutons and our Parmesan Cheese, sit back and savour.
- 40g Mainland Natural Butter
- 1 leek, finely sliced (reserve a few slices for garnishing)
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
- 6 medium Agria potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1L chicken or vegetable stock
- 100g Mainland Special Reserve Blue Vein Cheese
- 2 cups Anchor Blue Milk
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 slices ciabatta, diced
- Olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Mainland Special Reserve Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Fresh chopped parsley
- Heat butter in a large saucepan and add the leek, garlic and ginger, then cook over a medium heat for 5-10 minutes until soft and fragrant and starting to colour.
- Add potatoes and stock and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Crumble in most of the Mainland Special Reserve Blue Vein Cheese, reserving a little for the garnish. Add the milk and then whizz using a stick blender or food processor until thick and smooth. Season to taste.
- Fry diced ciabatta in a little olive oil to make croutons, and fry reserved leek over a high heat in a little olive oil till crisp.
- Reheat gently if needed and top with the croutons, fried leek and Mainland Special Reserve Grated Parmesan Cheese.