Based on a Mexican favourite, the smoky flavours of barbecue are wrapped around delicious sweetcorn with a bit of spice and lots of Mainland Parmesan Cheese. A fast, easy recipe that can be adapted to cater to a single serve or serving the masses!
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp flaked salt
- Juice of half a lime
- 125ml mayonnaise
- 1 - 2 Tbsp Sriracha, chipotle or other chilli sauce
- 6 sweet corn, husks removed and halved
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 100g Mainland Parmesan Grated Cheese
- Extra lime wedges to serve
- In a small bowl, combine the smoked paprika and salt and set aside.
- In a bowl mix the lime juice and mayonnaise with chilli sauce to taste.
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil, add the corn cobs and boil for one minute, then drain.
- Heat a barbecue or grill pan to very hot. Brush the corn with the olive oil and cook for 10-12 minutes until charred and tender, turning regularly.
- Take the hot corn and insert a skewer into one end.
- Brush the corn all over with mayonnaise on a platter and sprinkle with the cheese, turning to coat. Finally sprinkle with the paprika mixture and serve with lime to squeeze over.