- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 6 shallots, finely chopped
- 350g frozen cranberries
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3cm chunk ginger, finely grated
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Thyme leaves, to serve
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat and sauté the shallots until softened but not browned, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15 – 20 minutes until the cranberries and apples have collapsed and the chutney thickened. Leave to cool completely then store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Serve with Mainland Creamy Camembert, fruit bread and dried apricots and cranberries if liked.