A fresh twist on a classic family favourite, these Feta and Bacon Breakfast Scones are an easy crowd pleaser. Perfectly finished with a single serve of Mainland Creamy Feta, these quick scones by Rhiannon Baldock will be your new family favourite.
- 1 ¾ cups self raising flour
- 50g chilled butter, cubed
- 3 cooked bacon rashers, cut into small pieces
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup sundried tomatoes, finely sliced
- 1 egg
- 140mls cream
- 50g pack Mainland Creamy Feta
- Salt and pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius, fan bake.
- In a food processor, blitz the flour and butter until a sandy, crumb texture forms. Pour into a mixing bowl.
- To the flour mixture, add the bacon, spring onion, sundried tomatoes and seasoning. Stir to combine, then make a well in the centre. Add the egg and cream to the well, then use a fork to first whisk the egg and cream, but to then bring the dough together.
- Turn out onto a floured surface, and sprinkle over 25g of the feta cheese. Bring together with your hands and form a ball. Use a rolling pin to flatten out to a 4-5cm depth.
- Use a knife to cut the round into 8 wedges, then transfer to a lined baking tray, leaving space between each wedge. Brush with the beaten egg, then sprinkle over the remaining feta cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown and risen. Serve warm with butter if desired.