Feed the whole family with this healthy Lamb & Feta Gyros recipe, perfect for the warmer months. Packed full of juicy lamb and fresh vegetables, this easy dinner or lunch recipe by Rhiannon Baldock is perfectly topped off with a single serve of delicious Mainland Creamy Feta.
- 500g lamb mince
- 1tsp dried oregano
- 1tsp dried parsley
- Juice of ½ large lemon
- ¼ red onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- Rice bran oil
- 4 large flatbreads
- To assemble: lettuce, sliced red onion, sliced tomato, yoghurt cucumber dip
- 50g pack Mainland Creamy Feta
- ½ lemon, cut into quarters
- In a bowl, combine the lamb mince, oregano, parsley, lemon juice, red onion and garlic. Season and mix again, ensuring all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Evenly separate mixture into 4 pieces, then use your hands to shape each into a flattened, oval shaped pattie. Fry over a medium high heat with a little rice bran oil, until golden brown on each side and cooked through; around 3-4 minutes each side.
- To build the gyros, spread each flatbread with yoghurt cucumber dip. Lay down lettuce, red onion and tomato, then place the pattie on top. Sprinkle with feta, then wrap like a classic wrap.
- Quickly caramelise the lemon quarters by browning in a hot pan on all sides. Serve alongside the gyros.