Perfect as a Sunday snack, serve these cheese puffs hot with a dollop of butter and your favourite tea. This recipe was submitted by one of our fans, Lynne from Christchurch - thanks Lynne!
- 1 cup flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of dried mustard powder
- 2 cups of grated Mainland Noble Cheese
- 1 egg – beaten into ½ cup milk
- Extra grated cheese for tops
- Finely chopped fresh parsley, chives (optional)
- Finely chopped onion microwaved for 1 minute (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl but be careful not to over mix.
- Drop large soup-spoonfuls on a cold baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Sprinkle tops with extra grated cheese.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until puffed and golden.