A fried chicken and bacon burger that's drool-worthy and ready to eat in minutes, this Papa Chook recipe is inspired by the sweet and sour Thai flavours of papaya and chilli.
Papa Chook was created by Daniel Martin who entered the Burger Burger and Mainland Burger-By-Design competition.
- 30g Mainland Havarti
- 1 toasted buttered bun
- 150g fried chicken
- 50g papaya chilli salad
- 45g sweet chilli salad
- 30g mayonnaise
- 50g bacon
- 1 serving red onion rings (better battered)
- Take one toasted buttered bun and cut in half.
- Place sweet chilli relish on the bottom of the bun.
- Next, add fried chicken and top with bacon.
- Add Havarti cheese and top with onion rings.
- Add mayonnaise and papaya salad to the top of the bun and the burger is complete.