This hearty pinenut bread is particularly good toasted and pairs handsomely with slices of Mainland Epicure Cheese. Ideal for any after-dinner cheeseboard or as a simple accompaniment to a glass of wine
- 3/4 cup high grade flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups wholemeal flour
- 3/4 cup unprocessed bran
- 1 cup pine nuts
- 1 cup De Winkel Plain Unsweetened Yoghurt
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup warm water
- Mainland Epicure Cheese, sliced
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Grease and line a large loaf tin (approximately 20cm x 10cm x 8cm) with baking paper.
- Sift high grade flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda into a large bowl. Add wholemeal flour, bran and pine nuts.
- Lightly stir in the yoghurt and warm water till just combined into a soft dough.
- Spoon dough into the prepared tin and bake for 30-40 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the loaf comes out clean.
- Cool bread in the tin for 5 minutes before turning it out on to a wire rack.
- Cut into thick slices and serve with Mainland Epicure Cheese and your favourite chutney.
Tip: This bread is particularly good toasted.