French toast and grilled cheese sandwiches come together as one in this deliciously cheesy eggy fried toast snack. It gets an extra boost of flavour from using our carefully aged Epicure Cheese.
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp milk
- ¼ tsp Cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- 20g butter
- 4 slices thick rustic style bread
- 2 thick slices Mainland Epicure Cheese
- 4 rashers smoked bacon
- Half an avocado
- Tangy tomato relish and chopped chives
- Whisk eggs and milk with seasoning.
- Heat butter in a medium frying pan, and cook bacon until crispy, then set aside.
- Add butter to the pan.
- Dip one slice of bread in the egg mixture, let the excess run off and place bread in the pan, then repeat with another slice.
- Top each bread slice in the pan with a slice of Epicure Cheese, then another egg dipped slice of bread to create a cheese sandwich.
- When the underside is golden carefully flip the sandwich over, then cover and cook the remaining side for 2-3 minutes until golden and heated through. The cheese should be melted and the bread toasted.
- Serve the fried cheesy bread with crispy bacon, sliced avocado, relish, and chives.