A modern classic made even better with the nutty flavour of our Edam Cheese. This recipe is a great way to use zucchinis during the height of their season.
- 2 medium zucchini
- 3/4 cup self-raising flour
- 1 cup diced Mainland Edam Cheese
- 1 tsp celery salt
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 40g butter
- Rocket, ricotta cheese and tomato chilli jam to serve
- Grate zucchini and squeeze out any excess moisture using a clean tea towel.
- Place in a bowl with flour, cheese, salt and spring onion and toss to coat all the ingredients.
- In separate bowls whisk the egg yolks with the milk. Whisk the eggs whites to medium peaks.
- Stir the egg yolk mixture into the zucchini mixture then fold in the egg whites.
- Pre-heat oven to 170°C. Heat half the olive oil and butter in a large pan and cook spoonfuls of zucchini mixture over a medium heat until golden on both sides.
- Repeat with the remaining mixture, adding more oil and butter if needed, and keeping the cooked fritters warm in the oven.